Lois Wilson, DDS
Dr. Lois Wilson’s love for dentistry started in High School where she belonged to the “Dental Explorers,” a division of the Boy Scouts of America that was open to girls. Ever since she was growing up, the first thing that she noticed in others was a nice smile. “I always wanted to be a dentist”, she says, although she did not enjoy visiting the dentist herself at the time, a natural curiosity led to her interest in the profession. She attended the University of Tennessee at Knoxville for her undergraduate degree in Biomedical Engineering; she attended the College of Dental Surgery at the University of Maryland for her Doctor of Dental Surgery in 1985. After graduation she joined the Army, where she experienced all phases of traditional dentistry. In the military, she did not have a stable patient base and usually did not see patients regularly. She looked forward to being able to carry through the full cycle of work, while developing professional relationships with each patient.
Dr. Wilson had her first private practice in North Carolina in 1993 and in 1996 she purchased a dental practice in Woodbridge, Virginia. Here, she developed this office into a Cosmetic and Restorative Practice focused on uniting functionality with health and beauty. After Woodbridge she has been practicing in McLean since 2002.
She continues to pursue a mastery of advanced treatments and procedures while evaluating the bigger picture of total client care, and sincerely wants to help bring out others’ natural beauty to enhance who they already are.
Professional Endeavors & Community Outreach
- Dr. Wilson stays on the cutting edge of dental science via numerous continuing education courses, and is an alumna of The Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education
- She is also a member of several dental study clubs that enable her to maintain awareness of current dental issues and emerging educational resources.
- Dr. Wilson has studied under and attended lectures by Peter Dawson, John Kois, Frank Spear, Carl Leinfelder, Henry Gremillion and other nationally respected dental specialists.
- Public service and charitable work are important to Dr. Wilson. She has served as the President for the McLean Rotary Club 2008-2009 and has strong interests in international projects. (Rotary.org)
- Is Cofounder of the Michelo Program-Bridging Communities Through Education.
- Dr. Wilson has volunteered for various community events, career fairs, the Mission of Mercy Project and Martin Luther King Day of McLean.
She is currently active with:
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Equilibration Society
- The Pankey Alumni Association
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
Dr. Wilson can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.